[oXygen-user] Getting <oXygen/> to run Calabash to run Saxon with -dtd:off or with catalogs?

Tony Graham
Tue Feb 8 09:50:21 CST 2011

On Tue, February 8, 2011 2:31 pm, George Cristian Bina wrote:
> You hit a similar problem with the one recently discussed on the xproc
> list in several threads. There the issue appears when a document is
> accessed through a p:http-request step. We surely set both an entity
> resolver and an URI resolver on Calabash and in some circumstances it
> uses them. However, in some other cases it fails to provide them to
> Saxon. For more details please see:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xproc-dev/2011Jan/0004.html

Thanks for your response.  I worked around the problem by reworking the
XProc to open the files and use them as the source for the transform.

My current problem is that though it works inside <oXygen/>, it doesn't
work when I try to get <oXygen/> to run Calabash as an external tool using
the same XProc (so it can be run from the menu bar instead of having to
invoke a transform on a file that usually isn't the current file).

With this external tool command:

"${oxygenInstallDir}/jre/bin/java.exe"
-Dxml.catalog.files="${frameworksDir}/DTD/schema/catalog.xml" -cp
"${oxygenInstallDir}/lib/xproc/calabash/calabash.jar"${ps}"${oxygenInstallDir}/lib/saxon9ee.jar"${ps}"${oxygenInstallDir}/lib/resolver.jar"${ps}CatalogManager.properties
com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main -U
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver  XProc/schematron5.xpl
path="${pdu}"/Tests schematron=Schematron/testing.sch

the beginning of the 'External Tool' output is:

Started: "C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 12/jre/bin/java.exe"
-Dxml.catalog.files="C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor
12\frameworks//DTD/schema/catalog.xml" -cp  "C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML
Editor 12/lib/xproc/calabash/calabash.jar";"C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML
Editor 12/lib/saxon9ee.jar";"C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor
12/lib/resolver.jar";CatalogManager.properties
com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main -U
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver  XProc/schematron5.xpl
path="file:/E:/Projects/DTD/"/Tests schematron=Schematron/testing.sch
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.1/catalog.dtd
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
Source)

It's failing because it can't find the DTD for XML catalogs.  I would have
expected it to be able to bootstrap itself with the DTD for catalogs.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2