[oXygen-user] Faster Oxygen Editor on Linux?

Adrian Buza adrian at sync.ro
Thu Dec 22 08:00:32 CST 2011

Hello Sascha,

There is a topic on our forum that discusses ways to reduce the memory
footprint without affecting the Oxygen performance:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic6275.html

You could try the same settings described there:
-XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=40
-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20
These arguments make the JVM more dynamic with regard to freeing unused
heap back to the OS.

If you are launching Oxygen with the 'oxygen' script or the Desktop
shortcuts, add these arguments to the 'oxygen.vmoptions' file from the
Oxygen installation directory.
If you are using the 'oxygen.sh' startup script, you should add these
arguments to the command at the end of the script.

As George explained, reducing the amount of memory available to Oxygen
may actually decrease performance. I can only recommend this if you are
only editing small files in Oxygen. If you want to do this anyway, you
can adjust the -Xmx argument to a lower value(e.g. -Xmx512m) in the
files described above: 'oxygen.vmoptions'/'oxygen.sh'.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza