[oXygen-user] Cannot Open Windows Explorer

McDonald, Shaun Shaun.McDonald at oup.com
Wed Aug 24 12:18:34 CDT 2011

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to a Windows 7 - 64 Bits. I read in your forum that installing the All-Platforms version with a 64-Bit JVM is the best solution.

I assumed this is correct since the Windows version of Oxygen can only install to the x86 version of my Program Files folder.

Anyway, I can start Oxygen via the .BAT. I assume this is running the 64 bit JVM since I've already set my environment variable PATH to the jre6 folder.

I've not yet edited my Xmx parameter, but I noticed that when I tried to open a saved project, I wasn't getting an Explorer window. I then clicked "Open" and got no results there either.

<oup>
  <dataEngineer>Shaun McDonald</dataEngineer>
  <department>GAB-IT Content Architecture</department>
  <contact>
     <phone number="212-726-6149" extension="6149"/>
     <eddresses email="shaun.mcdonald at oup.com" messenger="shaunmc"/>
  </contact>
</oup>