[oXygen-user] Using Other Toolkits with Oxygen 12

Radu Coravu
Thu Sep 16 01:45:32 CDT 2010

  Hi Eliot,

I made a patch in the "dost.jar" to allow a parameter which turns off
the grammar caching (of which some users who use entities in DITA
complained) as Oxygen 12 integrates DITA OT 1.5.1.
Probably this patch will be removed in Oxygen 12.1 as the newest DITA OT
seems to have added such a parameter also (which was probably added by
modifying the same class, leading to this problem).
These patches are usually included in the "oxygen.jar" library.
If you want you can edit a DITA ANT transformation scenario, in the
"Advanced" tab click the "Libraries" button, uncheck the "Allow Oxygen
to add..." checkbox and you have full control on the libraries used to
start ANT.
This means you will be able to remove the Oxygen patches entirely
(remove the top 5 entries entirely). A higher library in the list will
be more preferred by the class loader.
You will also probably have to replace the entries using the Saxon 9
libraries from the Oxygen library folder with the libraries in the DITA
OT distribution, as the Oxygen patches are also used to register the
commercial Saxon EE.

<oXygen/>   XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com