[oXygen-user] Plugin access to frameworks and catalogs

Nigel Whitaker
Fri Oct 29 09:22:14 CDT 2010

Hello,

We're developing a workspace plugin which reads form either existing
editors or on-disk files.

We're using all the catalogs in the standard 12.0 release using this
rather brute-force approach:

   <configProperty name="cat_dita"
value="${install.dir}/../../../frameworks/dita/catalog.xml" />
   <configProperty name="cat_docbook"
value="${install.dir}/../../../frameworks/docbook/catalog.xml" />
   <configProperty name="cat_xmlspec"
value="${install.dir}/../../../frameworks/xmlspec/catalog.xml" />

   <configProperty name="xml.catalog.files"
value="${cat_dita};${cat_docbook};...${cat_xmlspec}" />

However, we dont know about any user defined frameworks.   Is there a
way of knowing the framework associations of editors/files so that we
could use the specific catalog file (also reducing the possibility of
conflicts between the catalogs).  Alternatively access to a URI/Entity
resolver appropriate for the type of file which we could use when
parsing (xerces) may be useful.

We know about XMLUtilAccess and its resolvePathThroughCatalogs method,
but we'd like something we can use with the resolver/xerces directly.
We've also seen some references to a 'grammarCache' object but are
unsure how to use it.

Is there something we can use to improve our catalog handling.

Many thanks,

Nigel & Anthony (working on a comparison plugin)

--
Nigel Whitaker,  DeltaXML: "Change control for XML"
    http://www.deltaxml.com