[oXygen-user] prevent multiple instances on OS X

George Cristian Bina
Sun Nov 21 01:55:15 CST 2010

Hi Bob,

When oXygen starts for the first time it creates a lock file and writes
there a port number that he uses to listen on. When following instances
are started they look for the lock file, get the port number from there
and connect to that passing the command line arguments to the running
instance. If a following instance cannot connect to the initial instance
it will start itself.
The default mode is single instance (desktop mode) and you should need
the -Dcom.oxygenxml.MultipleInstances setting only to specify a true
value to enable multiple instances (server mode - when there are more
users in the same time using oXygen on the same machine).

We will look more into this Monday and let you know if we find anything.