[oXygen-user] Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en_US

Sorin Ristache
Wed May 5 04:46:54 CDT 2010

Hello,

The remedy is to add a jar file with the hyphenation files for the
language of the TEI file (en_US) to the [Oxygen-install-folder]/lib
folder. Apache FOP does not embed hyphenation files due to licensing
restrictions but these files can be downloaded from the OFFO project:

http://offo.sourceforge.net/hyphenation/index.html

However that error does not stop FOP processing on my computer in Oxygen
10.3 (which includes Saxon-B 9.1.0.7) and in later Oxygen versions. I
get the following error in the Apache FOP output:

SEVERE: Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en_US

but the PDF output file is generated. I just saved the content of

http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/ENRICH/gBank/gBank.xml?style=raw

as a local XML file and applied the predefined TEI P5 PDF transformation
scenario. I get the same result if I apply the scenario directly to the
URL.

What Oxygen build number do you use? It is available in the Help ->
About dialog. Do you run a custom transformation scenario? Did you set
an Apache FOP configuration file in Preferences? Do you get the same
result if you open the URL from menu File -> Open URL and apply the same
scenario?