[oXygen-user] Run time xml validation with xml schema and embedded schematron rules

George Cristian Bina
Wed Jan 13 03:04:03 CST 2010

Hi Vincent,

To validate a file both with XML Schema and with the embedded Schematron
rules you need to have two schema associations specified

- one with the xsi:schemaLocation or xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation for
the XML Schema validation, something like
<root xmlns="http://www.example.com"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.example.com test.xsd">
or
<root xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="test.xsd">

- one with an "oxygen" processing instruction that specifies the XSD
file in the SCHSchema pseudo-attribute, something like
<?oxygen SCHSchema="test.xsd"?>

Then, the validate action will perform both validations.

As you mention that you get on validation:
***
[09:20:23] - SaxonSA Error Scanner - start scanning
file:/D:/wip/operators.xml
***
then I assume
1. you are not using version 11.1 as that includes the successor of
Saxon 9.1 SA, that is Saxon 9.2 Enterprise Edition (EE)
2.you have defined a validation scenario that specifies to validate with
Saxon SA

You need to either configure the validation scenario to go back to use
the default engine or add a validation step that uses the default engine.