[oXygen-user] Perspective

Adrian Buza
Wed Dec 15 08:54:35 CST 2010

Mark,

"Perspective" was both a a menu and a toolbar in v11.2.
In v12 the actions from the "Perspective" menu were moved to the
"Window" menu. The "Perspective" toolbar remained in v12.

"Configure Toolbars" is used(as the name suggests) only for toolbars.
It's true that some of the toolbar names there probably mirror menu
names but that's just a coincidence, they are not the same.

I'm guessing that what happens is that there are too many items in the
toolbar on a row and they cannot all fit on that row so they get
"compacted" and a drop down arrow appears and hides the toolbar icons
that could not be fit. This way of cascading toolbars is a fallback for
toolbars that won't fit so it's not exactly user friendly. Simply hide
unused toolbars or spread them across several rows to resolve this.

A screenshot would clarify the situation even better. If possible then
please send one to  if you want to keep it off the
user-list.

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author support

Tel: +1-650-352-1250 ext.202