[oXygen-user] Oxygen kicks me out of Author mode because of URL problem?

Robert Nagle
Tue Aug 24 06:55:14 CDT 2010

Hi, I'm having a really annoying problem with XML Author 12 Beta..

It sometimes has problems keeping me in Author mode because of an
inability to resolve a URL in my xincluded files. (It's a docbook 5
project).

In the example below, it wouldn't let me use the Bold toolbar button
because of this.

Here's the

Couldn't execute operation:
'ro.sync.ecss.extensions.commons.operations.SurroundWithFragmentOperation'
for action: 'Bold' because of: Could not surround in fragment. Cause:
The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 20000 ms
(http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso8879/isopub.ent)

The top of my xinclude file has this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book [
<!ENTITY % isopub SYSTEM "http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso8879/isopub.ent">
%isopub;
]>
<chapter xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
    version="5.0" xml:id="sharing-files
">

I'm using this reference to be able to reference entities like &ndash;
etc in my docbook files. 2 interesting things:

1)I can easily access this
http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso8879/isopub.ent from my browser.

2)I actually have a local version of this isopub.ent in my file. (In
fact, it's news to me that I am required to seek a external URL at
all).

So:
1)What would I need to do so that Oxygen will look for the local file
rather than seeking it on the Net?
2)Why do you think this problem is occurring?

Thanks for your help.

--
Robert Nagle
htpt://www.robertnagle.info