[oXygen-user] schemaLocation stil required?

Radu Coravu
Thu Apr 22 08:40:04 CDT 2010

Hi Eric,

 From what I understand in your case the namespace and schema location
have the same value.
The namespace is not interpreted as a schema location, it is just an
identifier.
Usually an xsd:import should have both schemaLocation and namespace.
If the schema location is missing, Oxygen has a feature which allows it
to try and resolve the namespace identifier through the set-up catalogs.
Just go to the Oxygen Preferences->"XML / XML Catalog" page and check
the "Process namespaces through URI mappings for XML Schema" checkbox.
Then, if your namespace is mapped using URI mappings through the
catalogs configured in Oxygen to a schema location, that location will
be used.