[oXygen-user] Custom editor variables

Florent Georges
Tue Sep 15 06:36:16 CDT 2009

Sorin Ristache wrote:

  Hi Sorin,

> It was not implemented yet. The next version of Oxygen will
> allow setting interactive parameters in a scenario as discussed
> in the following message:

>http://www.oxygenxml.com/pipermail/oxygen-user/2009-July/002650.html

> Does that cover your use case?

  Nop, but that's another one very interesting! :-)

  For a precise use case, let's take the example of an extension
configured on a scenario (for instance a JAR file for Saxon.)
Let's say the JAR file is not in the project itself, but in a
system-dependent directory (/usr/share/java, /Library/Java or say
x:/java.)

  If you want to share the project file between several people
(by putting it in your project's SVN repo), they always will have
to change the path of the JAR according to their own system.

  But if oXygen allows to define user custom variables, we could
ask each people to define such a variable, let's say "java-libs",
and define the JAR path (in the scenario extensions) as something
like:

    ${java-libs}/org/apache/some.jar

  The ability to resolve an environment variable could help here
too.  Let's say something like:

    ${env:JAVA_LIBS}/org/apache/some.jar

or like the following to be more like the new ${ask(...)}
feature:

http://www.fgeorges.org/