[oXygen-user] Can't force DITA processor to use local DTD instead of OASIS site DTD

Radu Coravu
Tue Nov 24 01:19:21 CST 2009

Hi Ted,

By default the catalogs are used to solve the DITA DTD's both for
transforming using the DITA OT and for editing/validating inside Oxygen.
So I am not entirely sure this is the way to speed up processing.

What are the modifications that you made?
Can you send us the DOCTYPE declaration which you use for
'reference/api_cubitmethods.xml' ?
The DOCTYPE for a DITA reference should look like this:
<!DOCTYPE reference PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Reference//EN"
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/OS/dtd/reference.dtd">

and it should get solved through the catalog entry:
<public publicId="-//OASIS//DTD DITA Reference//EN" uri="reference.dtd"/>

to a local DTD relative to the catalog file.

Also, if you add catalogs in the "Preferences > Author > XML > XML
Catalog" preferences page they only will be used for
editing/validating/content completion inside Oxygen.
The DITA Open Toolkit transformations only look at the
"/com.oxygenxml.author_11.0.0/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT/catalog-dita.xml"
catalog file.

Also it would be helpful if you send us the entire console output
generated by Oxygen when the transformation fails.
You can disable your network connection to make the transformation fail
faster.