[oXygen-user] Save in Author mode doesn’t preserve empty lines

Sorin Ristache
Mon Nov 9 04:46:05 CST 2009

Hello,

The option "Preserve empty lines" and the other formatting options that
imply preserving some whitespace characters are ignored because these
characters are normalized when the XML document is rendered in Author
mode and Author mode does not keep track of the whitespace characters
that were removed by the normalization process. If you need to preserve
them you can add the attribute xml:space="preserve" to the element that
contains them.

In the User Manual of the next version of Author we will document all
the formatting options that are ignored in Author mode.