[oXygen-user] 10.1 takes a step backward?

Lars Huttar
Sat Mar 7 06:03:54 CST 2009

There are a number of dialogs that do not have keyboard shortcuts. The
one that bugs me most often is the Find/Replace dialog. I'm sure Syd has
run into that. Yes, you can do what you need to by tabbing around, but
if there were keyboard shortcuts for each control, you could get things
done much more quickly and reliably. A query replace (going through a
document with many search hits and replacing only some of them) is
painfully awkward due to the lack of keyboard shortcuts on the "Find"
and "Replace" buttons.

There was an email on this list on 3/20/2007 saying that shortcuts would
be added for these buttons, but it doesn't seem to have happened.
Like Syd, I am a big fan of Oxygen despite these small shortcomings, and
I recommend it to others. The lack of keyboard shortcuts is a blemish on
an otherwise excellent product.

Lars