[oXygen-user] Problem with Idiom FO transform

Radu Coravu
Fri Jun 26 10:08:33 CDT 2009

Hi Wendy,

Oxygen integrates the DITA Open Toolkit for DITA Map transformations to
various output formats.

Indeed the Apache FOP sometimes hangs (expecially when you have SVG
images referenced from your DITA topics).
I can give you a patch which should work.
Open the "OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\frameworks/dita/DITA-OT/demo/fo/build.xml"
file, comment the entire "transform.fo2pdf.fop" <target> and replace with:

<target name="transform.fo2pdf.fop" if="use.fop.pdf.formatter">
        <!-- Run the FOP as an external process -->
        <java classname="org.apache.fop.cli.Main" fork="yes"
classpath="${java.class.path}" dir="${dita.map.output.dir}">
            <arg line='-fo "${inputFile}" -pdf "${outputFile}" -c
"${fop.home}/conf/fop.xconf"'/>
        </java>
    </target>

This will run Apache FOP as an external processor and should not block
anymore.

About the index creation in PDF from DITA index terms, from what I've
tested you have to use the IDIOM PDF transformation with the XEP
processor in order for them to be processed.
You can easily integrate XEP in Oxygen. See this link for more details:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-authorEclipse/config-DITA-transformation.html

I also recommand you to join the DITA Open Toolkit Users List:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/post11407.html?hilit=dita%20resources#p11407

Hope this helps.

Radu Coravu <oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com