[oXygen-user] xsl:result-document and Saxon-SA gives "Cannot write to a URI that has already been read"

Andrew Welch
Thu Jun 25 05:25:56 CDT 2009

Hi,

2009/6/25 Sorin Ristache <>:
> I get the same error as you *only* when the output file is set to be the
> same as the input XML file but:
>
> - I get the error with both Saxon B and Saxon SA,
>
> - it is an error reported correctly (not the bug that I mentioned) and
>
> - I get the same behavior in Oxygen as from a command line where I run
> Saxon B/SA.
>
> You get the error only with Saxon SA so there is something different in
> your transformation scenario. Please specify more details about your
> scenario: the URL of the input XML, the URL of the input XSL, the value
> of the field Save As, the full error message (including the URI that
> cannot be written).

Its writing to standard out... I'm not setting any output file.

Its works as expected for me from the command line, and from Kernow,
but not from oXygen.

To recreate the problem in oXygen:

- file -> new -> xsl
- paste in the xslt
- configure transformation scenario -> new -> choose Saxon SA
- set XML and XSL to ${currentFileURL}
- click ok, the click run transform

Do that and you get the exception.

You are probably resolving the href of xsl:result-document against the
uri of the stylesheet, and because there is no href, the uri of the
stylesheet is returned.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com