[oXygen-user] parameters, catalogs, docbook, etc

Sorin Ristache
Mon Jun 15 04:24:32 CDT 2009

Hello,

If you store the scenarios at global level (the default setting) they
are stored in the user preferences in a subfolder of the user home
folder. If you want to share the scenario with other users you should
store it at project level or at document type level.

If you work on a common project that you load in the Project view and
you share with other users you can store the transformation scenarios at
project level with the radio button Project Scenarios in the dialog
Configure Transformation Scenario that is opened by the action with the
same name on the toolbar Transformation and on the menu Document ->
Transformation. In this case you share the .xpr project file with other
users.

You have a DocBook XML document so it matches one of the two predefined
DocBook document types (DocBook 4 and DocBook 5). If you store the
scenario at document type level it is saved in the .framework file of
that document type so you have to share the .framework file with other
users, that is frameworks/docbook/docbook4.framework or
frameworks/docbook/docbook5.framework.

The epub transformation needs a zip application and a Ruby runtime so
the Oxygen installer should include them which means a bigger installer
file. We will consider a default epub transformation for a future version.