[oXygen-user] Why Does Does Oxygen Think There is No Schema for This Document?

Eliot Kimber
Wed Jun 3 15:42:06 CDT 2009

On 6/3/09 3:15 PM, "Eliot Kimber" <> wrote:

> Via Webdav to an instance of an RSuiteCMS database I have edited a document
> that looks like this:
>
> <Chapter
>   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://localhost:8080/rsuite/schemas/6d00bb0
> 04fcee1765c68a4bb7dafa548.xsd">
>
> Where the URL of the XSD schema can be resolved by Oxygen (that is, I can do
> ctrl+enter and the schema document opens).
>
> However, Oxygen says there is no DTD or schema associated with the document
> and won't validate it.
>
> In the past I've had this problem when my catalogs were not configured
> correctly, but here there is an explicit and resolvable URL.
>
> Is my problem a configuration problem and if so, what would the
> configuration issue be?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eliot

Follow up: if I save the XSD locally and change the schema location to a
file:// URL to that saved version, then validation works.

Cheers,

Eliot
----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:   <mailto:>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>