[oXygen-user] What is better: bold the names or bold the values?

Lars Huttar
Fri Jan 23 13:28:12 CST 2009

On 1/23/2009 12:06 PM, Paul Ryan wrote:
> I prefer the bolding of values because that is the thing your modifying. Bolding of the name implies something special about that name which is not the case here.

George, I was going to disagree with Paul but, having looked back more
carefully at what distinction the bold is intended to indicate, I would
come down tentatively on the side of bolding the values. As I understand
your question, the distinction you're drawing with regard to attributes
is not intrinsic to those attributes, but is totally dependent on
whether the user has entered a value in that instance. Am I right? In
that case I think the distinction is a distinction of value, not of the
attributes themselves, so it would make more sense to bold the value.
(Or both.)

My 2 cents...

Thanks for asking.

Lars