[oXygen-user] using catalogs

Fri Jan 16 14:16:48 CST 2009

At 11:20 AM +0200 1/15/09, Sorin Ristache wrote:
>Hello,
>
>From the error message reported by Oxygen and from the sample
>Shibboleth files that I could find there is no xsi:schemaLocation or
>xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute in the XML files. Oxygen
>does not use XML catalogs at this time for mapping the namespace of
>an XML document (declared with an xmlns attribute) to the schema
>that must be used for validation. This is a feature for a future
>version of Oxygen. I think the easiest solution is the creation of a
>document type Preferences -> Editor -> Default Schema Association
>that matches your Shibboleth XML files and specifies the schema that
>will validate the files.

thanks very much for the information. It turns out that I'm currently
using Oxygen 8; in that version it looks like I enter this info via
Preferences -> Editor -> Default Schema Association.

I added my five catalog.xml files via "Preferences -> Editor ->
Default Schema Association".

The only difference I could see between sample supplied catalog files
in the Oxygen/frameworks directory, and the Shibboleth catalog files
was that the catalog file for frameworks/XML included this element:

<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
V1.0//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">

so I added that to the catalog file for shibboleth/xmltooling.

I then tried to validate, and got this error msg:

SystemID:
/Users/stc/Sites/Projects/Shibboleth/Oxygen-2/Schema/xmltooling/catalog.xml
Location: 3:62
must be from the schema namespace, 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'.

SystemID:
/Users/stc/Sites/Projects/Shibboleth/Oxygen-2/Schema/xmltooling/catalog.xml
Location: 3:62
element in a schema document.

SystemID:
/Users/stc/Sites/Projects/Shibboleth/Oxygen-2/Schema/xmltooling/catalog.xml
Location: 3:62
'file:/Users/stc/Sites/Projects/Shibboleth/Oxygen-2/Schema/xmltooling/catalog.xml',
because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be
read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.

So... things have changed... but I think I'm still in need of some advice...

Thanks in advance!