[oXygen-user] Re: where's Saxon?

David Sewell
Thu Jan 15 15:28:40 CST 2009

On Tue Jan 13 02:16:33 CST 2009 George Cristian Bina wrote:

> Starting with oXygen 10 we include a licensed Saxon SA with oXygen. The
> Saxon SA distribution contains the Saxon B classes thus we do not ship
> Saxon B as a separate jar. The Saxon SA jar does not have a Main-Class
> entry inside its manifest file so you cannot use the -jar option.
> With Saxon SA you can use instead -cp to specify the classpath and then
> you need to specify also the main class net.sf.saxon.Transform.

Like Syd, I also run Saxon from the command line at times, under OS X.
The Saxon-B transform runs fine on my system as

  java -cp /Applications/oxygen/lib/saxon9sa.jar net.sf.saxon.Transform

However, attempting to run Saxon-SA using

  java -cp /Applications/oxygen/lib/saxon9sa.jar net.sf.saxon.Transform -sa

produces this error:

 "License file saxon-license.lic not found. Running in non-schema-aware mode".

Is the SA license somehow "built in" to oXygen 10? Is there a way to get
SA to work from the command line?

(I have my own individual SA license, and if I copy it to the oXygen
library then this works:

  java -cp  /Applications/oxygen/lib/:/Applications/oxygen/lib/saxon9sa.jar \
  net.sf.saxon.Transform -sa

but that won't work for other owners of oXygen who do not have a
separate license for SA.)

David

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
Email:    Tel: +1 434 924 9973