[oXygen-user] using catalogs

Sorin Ristache
Thu Jan 15 03:20:58 CST 2009

Hello,

 From the error message reported by Oxygen and from the sample
Shibboleth files that I could find there is no xsi:schemaLocation or
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute in the XML files. Oxygen does
not use XML catalogs at this time for mapping the namespace of an XML
document (declared with an xmlns attribute) to the schema that must be
used for validation. This is a feature for a future version of Oxygen. I
think the easiest solution is the creation of a document type
Preferences -> Editor -> Default Schema Association that matches your
Shibboleth XML files and specifies the schema that will validate the files.

If you want to use an XML catalog for validation you have to add an
xsi:schemaLocation attribute to the root element of your XML files, use
a URL or a file path as the attribute value, not a URN as in your
catalog file ("urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog") and set
that URL/absolute file path as the systemId attribute value in the
catalog file. Note that a relative file path specified in the
xsi:schemaLocation attribute first is resolved to an absolute file path
relative to the system ID of the XML file and after that the absolute
file path is matched with a system entry catalog.