[oXygen-user] using catalogs

Thu Feb 26 15:30:25 CST 2009

At 6:40 PM +0200 1/19/09, Sorin Ristache wrote:
>Yes, as I specified in the first reply the easiest solution is the
>creation of a document type in Preferences -> Document Type
>Association. Document types are available starting with version 9.0
>so if you upgrade to the current version you can create a document
>type and set one or more XML catalog files that will be used for the
>validation and transformation of the XML files of that type. But you
>do not have to upgrade to version 10 because the Default Schema
>Association available in versions 8.x allows you to validate the XML
>files with the schema that you want without adding the
>xsi:schemaLocation attribute in the XML files.

Back to doing this... but still having problems.

I'm now using Oxygen 10. I went to Preferences -> Document Type
Association, and created six new document types, for the six
namesspaces included by this document:

<SPConfig xmlns="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:native:sp:config"
     xmlns:conf="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:native:sp:config"
     xmlns:saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion"
     xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol"
     xmlns:md="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata"
     logger="syslog.logger" clockSkew="180">

For each new document type I entered:

-- a name
-- clicked "New", to create a new rule, set the namespace = [value]
(chosen from above), clicked OK to close rule creation
-- set schema type to XML Schema
-- entered as the Schema URI the full filesystem path to the XSD file
containing the schema associated with that name space.

Note -- for one of these six document types (corresponding to
urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:native:sp:config ), after I enter the new
document type definition, and then EDIT that document type
association, the file system path to the XSD file has been moved to
"File Name" within the Rule, and has been removed from Schema URI. In
the other five document types, the file system path remains in Schema
URI.

After creating the six new Document Type Associations, I click
"Validate Document", and I'm told

SystemID: /Users/stc/Sites/Projects/Shibboleth/Oxygen-2/SP/shibboleth2.xml
document. You can create an association either with the Associate
Schema action or configuring in the Options the Preferences/Document
Type Association list, or by creating a Validation Scenario.

What did I do wrong ?

Thanks!