[oXygen-user] RelaxNG Inclusion

George Cristian Bina
Wed Feb 25 10:33:53 CST 2009

Hi Christian,

There are cases indeed when a file is not valid by itself but it is
valid if used in some context. This is true not only for Relax NG but
also for XSLT, XML Schema and even for XML documents.

The solution we provided for these issues was to introduce a concept of
validation scenarios. Instead of validating the file directly you can
specify that the validate action should act on a different file (the
main file that refers the current file, directly or indirectly) and thus
the current file gets validated in the context it is used. Use the
"Configure Validation Scenario" action next to the "Validate" action in
the tool bar to define a validation scenario for your Relax NG schema
and add an entry to validate the schema that contains the start pattern
and includes your schema file.