[oXygen-user] Shortcut key wanted: Select element contents

Francois Jordaan
Thu Feb 19 15:51:50 CST 2009

Eliot Kimber wrote:
> For 1, you have to set up your own shortcut. I just did this a couple of
> days ago, but I would also like it to be a default. Options->Menu Shortcut
> Keys, then sort by Description and look for "Select Content".

Wonderful, thank you so much! (I actually saw this one, but it had the
same shortcut assigned as "Find all elements", which confused me into
thinking I misunderstood it.)

> In Arborext Editor, ctrl+e (I think, my memory is dim) would select the
> element content for the element containing the cursor. Successive presses
> would then select the containing element and so on up the ancestry tree. I
> used that feature very heavily.

I would really like a feature like that too. No reason why the same
shortcut key can't have this behaviour.

Anyway, my immediate need is met. Thanks again.

 / Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting
Tel: 01904 567349 / Mobile: 07872 394273 / Fax: 020 79006980
Skype: fjordaan / http://www.isotoma.com
Postal Address: Tower House, Fishergate, York, YO10 4UA, UK

Registered in England.  Company No 5171172.  VAT GB843570325.
Registered Office: 19a Goodge Street, London, W1T 2PH