[oXygen-user] How do I switch off validation of XSDs that are called by an XML document instance [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sun Feb 15 21:57:54 CST 2009

Hi George,

Thanks for providing me with a complete solution in the ZIP file. However, I am still having problems.

I unzipped the ZIP file that you provided into a directory. I then opened a new Oxygen project. I opened the Options => Preferences => XML Catalog and replaced mine with the gml3.2.0Catalog.xml file included in your ZIP.  I then saved preferences, shut down Oxygen and opened it up again.  I then opened up the GmlDictionaryMetadataLocal.xml file in your ZIP.  I tried to validate this but ended up with 18099 errors.

I have saved the errors. You can get them from http://asdd.ga.gov.au/asdd/work/GeorgesGmlDictMetLocalErrors.

I checked the first of these errors and saw that they are referring to the GML etc. that was part of your ZIP.

I get the same results using the GmlDictionaryMetadata.xml file that you provided with the same gml3.2.0Catalog.xml file.

I then imported the gml3.2.0 folder to the project and validated the selection. Oxygen seemed to go through all the different XSDs and reported - via a java window - "validation successful".

I am using Oxygen XML editor <oXygen/> XML Editor 10.0, build 2008102212.

I don't know what file my Options => Preferences is stored in. Would that content be helpful?  If so, tell me the file name and I will make it available on the above web site.

Thanks.

John