[oXygen-user] problem validating XML with XSD

Manuel Souto Pico
Fri Feb 13 12:11:29 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem trying to validate an XML produced as a
back-up of a WordPress blog.

I'm trying to process it with XSLT 2.0, so for that it seems I need to
have a XSD schema (it doesn't like DTD).

So I created a XSD schema through Document | XML Document | Learn
Structure + Save Structure. I associated the XSD generated to the XML
via Document | XML Document | Associate Schema. So the first two
attributes are added to the root element

    <rss *xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"   **
    * * xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="VDS.2009-02-11.xsd"  *
     xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
     xmlns:excerpt="http://wordpress.org/export/1.0/excerpt/"
     xmlns:wp="http://wordpress.org/export/1.0/"
     xmlns:wfw="http://wellformedweb.org/CommentAPI/"
     version="2.0">

and this line

    <?oxygen SCHSchema="VDS.2009-02-11.xsd"?>

is added before the root element.

Now, when I try to validate the XML document, it gives two errors:

    SystemID: C:\Documents and Settings\manuel\Mis
    documentos\Scripts\xml_to_martif\Corts_Valencianes\VDS.2009-02-11.xml
    Location: 28:0

    SystemID: C:\Documents and Settings\manuel\Mis
    documentos\Scripts\xml_to_martif\Corts_Valencianes\VDS.2009-02-11.xml
    Location: 28:0

and the bottom of the interface shows the message "Validation - in
progress" but I wait and it takes forever, it never ends.

After a while, I get another error message:

    Please restart after allocating more memory to oxygen.
    For this modify the parameter -Xmx in the startup script, for
    example -Xmx700m.
    In case you were running a diff tool when this problem occurred you
    can try to use another algorithm next time.
    For more details see the 'Performance problems' and 'Setting a
    parameter in the startup script' sections of the User Manual.
    If you just want to inspect the file, please use the Large File
    Viewer available from the Tools menu.

Any help? Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I tried
validating another simpler, shorter file and it works fine.

Kind regards,
Manuel