[oXygen-user] Unable to print an element's value

Bradley, Peter
Wed Sep 10 04:09:23 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've encountered some behaviour that I can't understand in a
transformation that I'm currently engaged on.  The transformations are
all pretty simple and follow the same pattern, but with just a few of
them I'm getting odd results where the element text is not being output.

For example, in one case I have the following xsl:

<!-- Instance -->
<xsl:for-each select="Instance">
  <Instance>
    <NUMHUS>
      <xsl:value-of select="NUMHUS/text()"/>
    </NUMHUS>
    <REDUCEDI>
      <xsl:attribute name="codeListAgencyName">
        <xsl:text>HESA</xsl:text>
      </xsl:attribute>
      <xsl:attribute name="codeListName">
        <xsl:text>REDUCEDI</xsl:text>
      </xsl:attribute>
      <xsl:attribute name="languageID">
        <xsl:text>en</xsl:text>
      </xsl:attribute>
      <xsl:value-of select="REDUCEDI/text()"/>
    </REDUCEDI>
    <COURSEID>
      <xsl:value-of select="COURSEID/text()"/>
    </COURSEID>

The source document has the following:

<Instance>
  <NUMHUS>000001075369710892  </NUMHUS>
  <personal_id>02002538</personal_id>
  <REDUCEDI>00</REDUCEDI>

  <COURSEID>62105201                      </COURSEID>

(Note that <personal_id> is not transferred to the output document)

The destination document gives:

<Instance>
  <NUMHUS>000001070027710892  </NUMHUS>
  <REDUCEDI codeListAgencyName="HESA" codeListName="REDUCEDI"
languageID="en"/>
  <COURSEID>53705101                      </COURSEID>

My problem is the <REDUCEDI> element.  I don't understand why it hasn't
taken the text '00' into the destination document as I was expecting.

I've got what I take to be the same problem elsewhere, so I'm hoping
that solving it here will give the solution elsewhere as well.

Thanks in advance

Peter