[oXygen-user] Large XML file

Bradley, Peter
Wed Oct 8 06:23:51 CDT 2008

>If the XML is basically a repeating structure, you will find splitting
>it into smaller chunks is more manageable that handling one massive
>file.

Heh!  All I have is the very large file.  I've no control over that.
I'd have to open it to split it up - and that's what I can't (easily)
do.

>Equally, if you want run XPaths against it then you should really be
>using an XML database (such as eXist), or investigate streaming
>options.

As I've mentioned, I'll check this out.

Guys, I don't want to make a big thing of this.  The world won't end
because of it.  I was only enquiring, originally, just to find out
whether what I was experiencing was expected or whether I was doing
something wrong.  Being new to this sort of thing, I wasn't sure.

I'm grateful for all your input.

Thanks

Peter