[oXygen-user] executing XPath

Lars Huttar
Fri Oct 3 17:11:51 CDT 2008

On 10/3/2008 4:51 PM, Syd Bauman wrote:
> I still don't like using the XPath Builder because, as far as I have
> been able to ascertain (without, of course, reading the manual) there
> is no way in oXygen to press "Execute" without using the mouse.
>
> My operating system (Mac OS X 10.5.5) will permit me to select
> buttons using TAB, but this is not always reliable, although it seems
> better lately.

A related feature request, re: invoking controls without using the mouse:

I have mentioned before, it is a pretty frequent source of annoyance
that the buttons on the Find/Replace dialog do not have keyboard
shortcuts / accelerators. When doing repeated replace operations, one
would like to be able to hit keys, e.g. Alt+F or Alt+R, depending on
whether the found instance should be replaced or not. Alternating the
mouse between two buttons is a lot harder.

Having keyboard shortcuts is really standard "accessibility"-compliant
practice for GUIs these days anyway; but the Find/Replace dialog is one
of the places where it's especially important.

Lars