[oXygen-user] XPath over sets of files

George Cristian Bina
Wed Oct 1 07:59:21 CDT 2008

Hi,

Executing XPath over a set of files it is already possible using the
Saxon 9 collection function. For example

collection('.?select=*.xsd;on-error=ignore')/*

will return the root elements from all the *.xsd files from the
directory holding the current file and will ignore errors if some *.xsd
file is not wellformed XML.

Along with the XPath search field in the toolbar oXygen provides also an
XPath Builder View that gives a better layout for writing these XPath
queries and also holds a history with the last executed XPath queries.

oXygen allows also to set a CollectionURIResolver for Saxon (in
Options->Preferences -- XML / XSLT-FO-XQuery / XSLT / Saxon / Saxon-B/SA
/ Advanced) so basically one can implement support for special
collections as the results returned by the collection function. Checking
this - it works only for XSLT and XQuery execution but not for XPath 2.0.

Adding in oXygen support for some default collections as Florent
suggested looks like a nice idea and we recorded it on our issues
tracking system.

For more information about using the Saxon collection function see
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/sourcedocs/collections.html