[oXygen-user] Feature Request: Collapse All/Expand All/Expand One Level in DITA Map View

Eliot Kimber
Fri May 23 08:32:10 CDT 2008

On 5/23/08 3:58 AM, "Sorin Ristache" <> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Initially we regarded the default expansion of the map as a time saving
> feature but it seems the performance is not fast on very large maps, for
> example dictionary type ones. We will set the default expansion to go
> only one level from the root. An action Expand All will allow the full
> expansion of a tree node in the DITA Maps view.
>
> Also we will consider saving the editing context of a DITA map: the
> expansion state of the map, the currently edited topic, the location of
> the cursor, etc.

Note that "expand one level" is an essential aspect of this request: if I
have a deep and wide tree, I may not want to do an "expand all" if that
means expanding all the nodes in the tree, but only one level at a time.

In Arbortext, the behavior when you click to expand a node is:

- Single click collapses if not collapsed or opens to previously-expanded
state.

- Double click expands all nodes rooted at selected node

- Triple click collapses all child nodes and expands selected node (e.g.,
collapse all followed by expand one level).

It is the triple click behavior that is particularly handy for navigating
efficiently in large trees because it saves having to go around and collapse
a bunch of nodes you don't care about any more.

Cheers,

Eliot

--
Eliot Kimber