[oXygen-user] More Java memory errors with oXygen 9.2

George Cristian Bina
Mon May 19 09:01:42 CDT 2008

Hi Eliot,

Our best guess is that it is possible to have some accumulated memory
for storing the changes needed for the undo operations.

If you go from the Text mode to Author mode and make some changes then
accumulate an important amount of memory for storing the information
needed to perform undo operations.

Thus the suggestion that Sorin made earlier was to try to limit the undo
buffer by enabling the options "Clear undo buffer before Format and
Indent" (Preferences -> Editor -> Format) and "Clear undo buffer on
save" (Preferences -> Editor -> Open/Save). Please try the same thing
and see if you still get OutOfMemory errors? You can also try increasing
the memory to 300, 400, 500 MB.

In Help->About there is a "JVM Memory Used" label that shows the amount
of memory used by oXygen and the total available memory. You can try to
perform a File->Close All action on the editors (after you worked for a
few hours but before getting an OutOfMemory error) and then go in the
Help->About dialog and click on that label (that will run the Java
garbage collector) and then see how much memory is used by oXygen. If
that is around 30-80MB then it should be ok.