[oXygen-user] Feature Request: Combo List of Common non-ASCII Characters

Radu Coravu
Fri May 16 08:27:56 CDT 2008

Hi Eliot,

We added an improvement request to our internal issues list about this
request and we will study it for a future version.

In the meantime you can add your own simple extension actions in the
Author page to accomplish this.
Just go to the Oxygen "Options" menu -> Preferences -> 'Document type
association page'.
Change to "Developer" role and edit the "DITA" document type.
In the "Author" tab -> 'Actions' category create simple actions for each
character you want to insert.
You can take the "bold"  action as an example for this.
The only important differences will be that the fragment value will be
something like '&#128;' instead of '<b/>' and the invoke operation
should be an "InsertFragmentOperation".

Then in the 'Toolbar' category add an Actions Group and in it add all
the actions that you created earlier.
The Actions Group will appear as a drop-down button on the toolbar.

You can see some examples of creating Author extension actions here:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/dg_author_settings.html