[oXygen-user] Feature requests

Francois Jordaan
Wed Mar 26 11:40:59 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm a very satisfied oXygen user (primarily working in XHTML and CSS),
but I'd be happier still if it had the following simple enhancements:

(I'm using oXygen 9.1 build 2007122116 on OS X Tiger)

1. Remember last Ctrl-E (wrap tags) value -- currently always defaults
to 'a'

2. Improve Ctrl-E (wrap tags) to allow .class and #id attribute
specification (e.g. I could Ctrl-E span.active and get <span
class="active"></span>

3. Major annoyance (and arguably a bug): Don't clear clipboard when
copying nothing (hitting Ctrl-C or X with nothing selected.)

4. Need shortcuts to make it easier to select attribute/value pairs and
single tags (so that you don't have to drag-select around <tag> or
attribute="value") Triple-click is already taken, so maybe Ctrl-click or
something.

5. Cursor movement up/down: always remember x position from line to
line, even after pasting.

This is a little harder to explain. Basically, I'd like oXygen to behave
like Textpad. Imagine you have a number of lines and you want to paste
"<li>" in front of each. If I position the cursor in the right place for
the first line, paste, then press down, I expect to be in the right
place for the next line. But in oXygen, I'll be 4 characters to the
right (from the end of the <li>)

Bug fixes:

6. The "Delete Tag" keyboard shortcut on Mac (Cmd-Opt-X) doesn't work

7. The CSS validator doesn't recognise unitless line-height

I'd appreciate it if you could consider these for a minor upgrade! (And
anyone else reading this -- if you agree or disagree please say so.)

francois

--
 / Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting
Tel: 01904 567349 / Mobile: 07872 394273 / Fax: 020 79006980

Registered in England.  Company No 5171172.  VAT GB843570325.
Registered Office: 19a Goodge Street, London, W1T 2PH