[oXygen-user] Can't increase stack size.

Sorin Ristache
Mon Mar 17 07:53:02 CDT 2008

Hello,

The stack size parameter (-Xss) makes a difference. The
thread stack is not allocated in the heap memory area of the
JVM process (-Xmx) so it has no connection with the -Xmx
parameter.

The default stack size was increased in more recent JVMs. I
think it is 1 MB only for the JVMs on 64 bits but it is 512
KB for the JVMs on 32 bits which is less than the minimum
required stack size for Gavin's regexp pattern. Anyway I
tested the regexp pattern and with -Xss800k and I no longer
get StackOverflowError.