[oXygen-user] Handling Asian Characters in UI and Editor

Eliot Kimber
Wed Jun 18 09:34:23 CDT 2008

In the process of testing our RSuite produce I've created some test
documents that include a mix of Asian and latin characters, both in file
names and in content.

In both cases, Oxygen by default uses a font that does not have glyphs for
the Asian characters.

It would be nice if Oxygen could automatically apply appropriate fonts for
characters in well-known character ranges (e.g., applying Arial Unicode MS
or Sim Hei to characters in the unified ideograph range under Windows, for
example).

Not sure how practical this is but it would be nice.

Cheers,

Eliot
----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:   <mailto:>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>