[oXygen-user] Feature Request for Content Completion with East Asian Text

Christian Wittern
Fri Jun 6 04:04:31 CDT 2008

Hi there,

We are using oXygen mainly to edit Chinese or Japanese text. In this case,
words are not separated by whitespace.  For a project we are having here, I
am setting up snippets that should be inserted using code completion.
However, Code Completion fires only after a whitespace character, so we have
to input a spurious whitespace character to kick this off, which then has to
be deleted again at some point.  Hence my feature request:
When doing a Code Completion, look at the character before the insertion
point and fire if either there is a whitespace, or a character in the
Unicode ranges for East Asian characters.  This should be fairly easy to
implement and have no negative impact on the current functionality.

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern