[oXygen-user] Feature request: MathML support for equations

Sorin Ristache
Tue Jul 15 11:38:48 CDT 2008

Hello,

Yes, a future version of Oxygen will offer support for editing MathML
equations in the Author mode (CSS-driven tagless editing).

There is a plugin for DITA Open Toolkit called Plus:

which adds SVG rendering for MathML to the XHTML output, the HTML Help
output and the Eclipse Help output generated with DITA Open Toolkit. It
does not add the MathML content to the PDF output. The SVG images should
not have the scaling problem of the GIF images that you use now. I tried
to integrate it in the DITA-OT distributed with Oxygen but I could not
do that yet because it seems it requires more than the usual steps for
integrating a DITA-OT plugin. It does not come with documentation for
the DITA developer yet but you can ask for help on the dita-users
mailing list if you want to use MathML content rendered as SVG images in
the output of DITA-OT before we integrate this plugin in Oxygen. The
creator of the plugin is Deborah Pickett which is very experienced in
using and customizing the DITA-OT: