[oXygen-user] How To Apply Saxon XQuery to Input Document of Transformation Scenario

Sorin Ristache
Mon Jan 14 04:53:36 CST 2008

Hello,

I think the XML input document is the default context of an unprefixed
XPath expression, that is an expression with no $doc/ prefix and with no
doc('someDocument.xml')/ prefix. You can just omit the . character as
the first step of an XPath expression applied to the input XML document
without changing the meaning of the expression. It does not seem to
represent a special case of XQuery usage or Saxon usage to warrant
special treatment in a user manual. Am I missing something?