[oXygen-user] Feature Request: Allow Insertion of Inline Markup Within CDATA Marked Sections in Author Mode

Eliot Kimber
Fri Feb 29 11:13:48 CST 2008

This may not be either doable or worth the effort, but in doing markup
samples for DTD documentation, I've started using CDATA marked sections
to hold the examples and then breaking them to insert <b></b> pairs
around parts of the example, e.g.:

<pre>
<![CDATA[<sometag>
   <more-markup>
    ]]><b><![CDATA[<this-is-bold/>]]</b><![CDATA[
   </more-markup>
</sometag>]]>
</pre>

In theory it should be possible for the editor to automatically adjust
the marked section markup to allow the real markup within what was a
single CDATA marked section.

At the moment I have to bounce in and out of Author mode in order to
adjust the highlighting in my examples. Not a big deal but it could be
more convenient.

Cheers,

Eliot
--