[oXygen-user] Validation log file

Wendell Piez
Tue Aug 26 16:12:32 CDT 2008

Jenny,

At 03:45 PM 8/26/2008, you wrote:
>I use the "validate with" function in  Project to validate multiple
>files by our schema.
>But I don't know how to format the validation log to save it in one
>file, with the format like this:
>File name, description, location in one line.
>
>Now I copied what in the Batch Validation error and paste in Excel,
>but for one record there are four line of the error message:
>
>Does anyone know how to set up the format of the log file?

While I haven't done this (and don't know how it can be done) I have
successfully post-processed oXygen log files using XSLT 2.0. This
isn't beginner-level code, but it is capable of making your logs into
pretty much whatever you like.

I think I remember suggesting that oXygen export its reports in an
XML format, which could then be post-processed much more easily, but
if so that feature request is still in the pipeline. (And if not, I
hereby make the suggestion.)

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez                            mailto: