[oXygen-user] oXygen and EXSLT

Sorin Ristache
Tue Apr 22 04:34:47 CDT 2008

Hello,

If you can't use XSLT 2.0 which has built-in support for
regular expressions you have to import the EXSLT regexp
extension in an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet but you have to use
MSXML or Xalan in oXygen.

For MSXML the EXSLT stylesheets need a modification: import
the MSXML stylesheet directly instead of the wrapper
stylesheet that includes the MSXML stylesheet with a
func:script element. For example for the EXSLT regexp
replace stylesheet you have to import in your stylesheet
directly regexp.replace.msxsl.xsl:

     <xsl:import href="regexp.replace.msxsl.xsl" />

instead of

     <xsl:import href="regexp.replace.xsl" />

which contains an element

    <func:script language="exslt:msxsl"
implements-prefix="regexp" src="regexp.replace.msxsl.xsl"/>

as in the EXSLT example on the exslt.org website.

For Xalan you have to modify the EXSLT stylesheet to conform
with the Xalan extension rules specified on the Xalan
Extensions page:

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions.html#basic-pattern

The JavaScript code from the EXSLT stylesheets (for example
regexp.replace.js) must be adapted to Xalan as in the
example which you can find on the same Xalan page:

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions.html#ex-basic

You have to add bsf.jar (the Bean Scripting Framework) and
js.jar (the Apache Rhino project) as XSLT extensions to the
oXygen transformation scenario that processes your EXSLT
enabled stylesheet with Xalan. These jar files are needed
for adding a JavaScript extension to Xalan.

The oXygen User Manual describes how to set an XSLT
extension in an oXygen transformation scenario:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/defining-new-transformation-scenario.html

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/xslt-xquery-extensions.html