[oXygen-user] Editing & Processing DITA on 8.2

Sorin Ristache
Tue Sep 11 08:34:36 CDT 2007

Hello,

The file extension of an XML document is not important. If it is not
".xml" just associate that extension (.dita, .ditamap, etc) with the XML
Editor of oXygen in Options -> Preferences -> File Types. In the next
version of oXygen the extensions for DITA XML documents will be
associated by default with the XML Editor which means such files will be
opened automatically as XML files.

Yes, the DITA stylesheets provided in the Open Toolkit can be used in
transformation scenarios in oXygen as any other XSLT stylesheets but
applying a single transformation scenario in oXygen is not enough
usually. For example to transform a DITA map to HTML you have to follow
the scenario specified by Open Toolkit which means several linked
transformations which are probably best executed with a build.xml script
following the Open Toolkit model.