[oXygen-user] UI questions

Khaled Aly
Thu Oct 4 12:58:17 CDT 2007

Hello Lars
Thanks for your response. Some comments interspersed.
Cheers, Khaled

| As I understand it, the feature called "Split screen" is only for
| splitting a single file buffer.

** Yes. Yet would be great if it supported something like the browsers'
"Cascade" function, arranging multiple file tabs within the same
window/instance.

| As you noticed, you can split the screen between two files by having
| both of them open, then dragging one of their tabs toward the far side
| of the window where you want the new subwindow to go.
| You have to drag it pretty far. When you start dragging, there will be a
| gray highlight box showing the area where that file will be displayed.
| When you've dragged far enough, you'll see the gray highlight box change
| to a new area, e.g. the top, right side or the bottom.

** I tried that and it works ok, both horizontally and vertically. Just need
drag the tab all the way to the other end. However, adjusting split window
dimensions seems fuzzy though possible. And returning back to initial view
required me to close all and start over.
** I just installed v.9beta and this feature doesn't seem to work there--
not this way to the best I could see now.

| XSLT cannot be validated by DTD in principle, because it allows
| arbitrary literal result elements. (You could validate a subset if you
| disallow LRE's.)

** XSLT 1.0 validated well when setting transform engine to Saxon or Xalan.
Actually not sure how they handle HTML LREs. They probably consider other
DTDs than that of XSL!

| When you try to validate XSLT stylesheets, Oxygen uses the settings at
| Options / Preferences / XML / XSLT-FO-XQuery / XSLT.
| What setting do you have for "XSLT 1.0 validate with"... JAXP? You might
| try changing it to Saxon 6.5.5 or Xalan.
| I don't use JAXP there so I don't know what it takes to make it work.

** I actually didn't mean to select JAXP in my preferences. I used to think
of it as a parsing/processing API and not a standalone transformer, but
apparently the way Sorin described it, there is a way to make it perform
that way.