[oXygen-user] Docbench / oXygen 9 release/licensing

Khaled Aly
Sat Nov 10 18:07:28 CST 2007

Thanks for that.

I do have an "academic" oXygen license, which is inexpensive, For
non-commercial use. I just added the free version of XEP 4 as an
external tool and it ran perfectly. But for my so far benchmark
documents, no difference from FOP 0.93. I do have a problem with table
layouts that I couldn't figure yet with FOP 0.94 in general. FOP 0.93
seems to be the best of both FOP worlds currently. XEP's response though
gave the impression of faster processing with clearer and more organized
runtime output. I believe that Docbench is enhanced with some of Norm
Welsh's DocBook stylesheets.

It is not clear for me yet, if the regular oXygen 8 license will grant
upgrade to version 9 regular. I see a trial counter declining. Can
oXygen people please advise about that, about the new build to be made
available as upgrades, and about the regular release of oXygen 9?