[oXygen-user] debugging a java extension?

Sorin Ristache
Mon May 21 06:25:45 CDT 2007

Hello,

What do you mean by working continuously in the Debugger? Do you mean
that you update the extension class/jar and you expect that the new
version is used in the same debugging session? That does not work, the
extension is loaded when the transformation is started. The extension
will be refreshed at the next transformation. This is also true for the
Editor perspective.

Kai Hackemesser wrote:
> I found that the extension class is reloaded when I use the way you
> described below. But it doesn't work when I'm working in the Debugger
> continuously (what I usually do).
>
> Sorin Ristache schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> You should set the extensions in a transformation scenario in the
>> Editor perspective and start the debugger with the Debug Scenario
>> action. If you add the extensions in the Debugger perspective using
>> the Edit extensions button then they are not saved.
>>
>> I cannot reproduce the problem of refreshing the extension. Can you
>> send us sample files for reproducing?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Sorin
>>

>> Kai Hackemesser wrote:
>>> That would be the behavior I would expect, but I tried several times
>>> and controlled the log output. Even when I commented out my log
>>> statements the log showed them again and again. I had to restart
>>> Eclipse to get the extension class correctly reloaded. BTW, it is
>>> annoying that the configuration of extensions get lost between
>>> Eclipse sessions, because I always have to set them up again.
>>>
>>> Ciao!
>>> Kai