[oXygen-user] XML Schema & XInclude ?

Timothy Reaves
Wed Jul 25 06:59:36 CDT 2007

On Fri, July 20, 2007 06:20, George Cristian Bina wrote:
> Dear Timothy,
>

> Ok, I created a full working sample starting from your schema fragment.
> Basically we define a "scopes" element that can contain more "scope"
> elements. A "scope" element has mixed content and can contain "important"
> elements.
>
> All the sample files are available also in an archive here
> http://www.oxygenxml.com/update/xincludeWithSchema.zip
>

> The sample covers both cases, the schema allows also the xi:include
> element (in the case when XInclude processing is disabled and this is
> needed also for content completion) and the content that replaces the
> xi:include (the additional xml:base attribute that appears on the
> included elements).

     Thanks for the info.  I'm not sure what that second part means; "and
the content that replaces the xi:include".  Would you explain this a
little more?

     Also, I have XInclude processing turned on.  However, the main
document still validates even with an error in the included document.
 Is this expected behavior? Would I have to do something like use
XSLT to actually replace the included document in to the main
document to do a single full validation?