[oXygen-user] XML Schema & XInclude ?

Timothy Reaves
Tue Jul 17 12:12:47 CDT 2007

On Tue, July 17, 2007 10:19, Timothy Reaves wrote:
> I have an xml schema I've created.  I'd like to have several XML
> documents that are combined into a larger one (I do this with DocBook &
> chapters).  But I can't figure out how to do this with XMLSchema.
>
> Basically what I have is one xml document per environment (it's for
> configuration information).  I'd like to have a parent document that has
> elements from the schema that are generic to the overall base, then
> includes the several smaller environment xml documents.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

I believe I have this with

<xs:import
  namespace="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude"
  schemaLocation="xinclude.xsd"/>

in my xsd file, and then I have an element

<xs:element name="scopes">
  <xs:complexType>
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element ref="xi:include" minOccurs="0"/>
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

but oXygen fails to validate this line

<xs:element ref="xi:include" minOccurs="0"/>

with the error

SystemID:
D:\dev\workspace\JDISoarianInstallerJava\src\resources\deployment.xsd
Location: 70:24
was detected that 'xi:include' is in namespace
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude', but components from this namespace are
not referenceable from schema document
'file:/D:/dev/workspace/JDISoarianInstallerJava/src/resources/deployment.xsd'.
If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 'xi:include'
needs to be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an appropriate
'import' tag should be added to
'file:/D:/dev/workspace/JDISoarianInstallerJava/src/resources/deployment.xsd'.